MIS Operation Support Assistant, based in Jakarta for National Office (JOB Code: MOSA-JKT) (Iklan Hanya Tersedia Dalam Bahasa Inggris)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of
MIS Operation Support Assistant, based in Jakarta for National Office (JOB Code: MOSA-JKT)
The Objective of the MIS Operation Support Assistant is to assist in the development and mainstreaming of the use of MIS capabilities for the management of scheduled desludging and of water supply service areas, as support to USAID IUWASH PLUS stakeholders (PDAM, LG, UPTD, etc.) to increase their capacity in utilizing information and digital technology in their activities. In addition to supporting the operation and development of LLTT MIS at UPTD PAL’s, the MIS Operation Support Assistant will also assist in the development and operation of MIS Web GIS / Mapping of Service Area Coverages Application for PDAM’s. He/ She will also work with the SECO team in utilizing the information technology needed in implementing the NRW reduction program
The tasks and responsibilities of the MIS Operation Support Assistant for Component 2, the GIS and SECO teams, will include but not be limited to:
• Support Component 2 and Regional teams for IT/MIS related activities
• Analyze and evaluate existing USAID IUWASH PLUS MIS Applications for partners both water and sanitation
• Maintain USAID IUWASH PLUS Septic Tank Survey/Census Application Code (web and android), and provide technical support for installation and training to partners
• Maintain USAID IUWASH PLUS MIS LLTT Application Source-code, and provide technical support for installation to server and provide training to USAID IUWASH PLUS partners.
• Maintain USAID IUWASH PLUS MIS Web GIS/ Mapping of Service Area Coverages Application Source-code, and provide technical support for installation to server and provide training to USAID IUWASH PLUS partners.
• Provide technical advice on MIS LLTT Development for UPTDs, PDPAL or PDAMs
• Provide capacity building for USAID IUWASH PLUS Partners in IT/MIS Development
• Provide IT support for SECO team on NRW reduction program, including preparation of survey app and training for survey administrators and enumerators
• Provide support for SECO team on PDAM and survey data maintain
Minimum General Qualifications:
The interested candidates must have an IT education background and have expertise in SQL-database administration, preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL, and have good knowledge in web-application development, and PHP Frameworks. In addition, he/ she must have a basic understanding of the utilization of Geographic Information Systems and spatial data development.
• Bachelor in IT/ information system/ Computer-science/ Computer-engineering academic backgrounds
• Good knowledge in Android application development
• Good knowledge and skill in Apache webserver, PostgreSQL/MySQL databases
• Good knowledge and skill in Linux OS for server maintenance
• Understand a basic of utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and spatial data development
• Good communication skill
• Preferably fluent in English, reading and writing
• Fresh graduate with web-based applications development experience may apply
Expected Start Date : January 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before December 31, 2019. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)