Individual Consultant for Improvement Efficiency Energy Module based on Competency Specialist in Jakarta (Job Code: FP ICA/EEM_JKT)
(Job Code: FP ICA/EEM_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
1. An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
2. An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidates to fill the positions of
Individual Consultant for Improvement Efficiency Energy Module based on Competency Specialist in Jakarta
(Job Code: FP ICA/EEM_JKT)
The objectives of this activity is for improvement of the material module of Efficiency Energy to be based on Competency the contents include, also improving the capacity of PDAM staff will eventually improve the performance of PDAM. The activity will relate to the task under SECO program of Capacity Building Implementation: Improvement the Efficiency Energy Training material to be based on competency. The selected consultant under individual or company will develop the training material with the scope of works described below.
Specific Task and responsibilities are include but not limited to:
The selected consultants will develop training materials covering the process of Efficiency Energy control into 22 modules referring to the SKKNI EE from KEPMENAKER No. 53/2018 concerning Energy Audit and KEPMENAKER No. 80/2015 concerning Energy Managers in Industry and Buildings.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to following:
Task 1: Preparation
1. Conduct initial discussions with USAID IUWASH PLUS – SECO team and others if necessary
2. Prepare a concept list of content, methodology and work-plan activities will be conducted.
3. Prepare scheme of material module based on SKKNI EE from KEPMENAKER No. 53/2018 concerning Energy Audit and KEPMENAKER No. 80/2015, concerning Energy Managers in Industry and Buildings.
Task II: Improvement the Syllabi and Textbook
The preparation of syllabi and textbook should include but not limited to following:
1. Improvement the Syllabi structure as the Indonesian National Work Competency Standards in the Field of Water Supply System Management
2. Prepare text book as IUWASH PLUS standard
Task III: Prepare the presentation material – slides (PPt), Session Notes and material evaluation
1. Prepare the presentation material – slide (PPt) that is interesting and understandable to participants
2. Prepare session notes as teaching guide for trainers
3. Prepare the material evaluation to measure the success rate of the module
Task IV: Trial module and finalization
1. Consultants must conduct training to trial the success of the module. The costs required for implementing the Trial Module Training will be financed by USAID IUWASH PLUS – SECO
2. Consultants must complete the module after trial module pilot training
Minimum General Qualifications:
Estimated professional manpower required for this program is one Senior Environment Service Provider with the following qualification:
• Minimum S1 preferable Engineering
• Has experience in Efficiency Energy in Water Supply System, preferably in PDAM
• Has extensive experience in develop training module
• Have the ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
• Able to work independently in supervision / limited facilities in the designated area
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
Expected Start Date: December 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before October 24, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Available in English (English)