|Deadline||Friday, 14 December 2018|
REQ- JAK-18-0075 – Readvertised – Web Administrator to Support FORKALIM Website
Issue Date : November 30, 2018
Title: “Web Administrator to Support FORKALIM Website”
Issuing Office & Email/Physical Address for Submission of Proposals:
Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH PLUS) USAID – IUWASH PLUS Jakarta Office, Gedung Mayapada Tower 1, 10th Fl. Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Kav. 28, Jakarta 12920 ;
Email : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals: December 14, 2018 at the latest 17.00 p.m.
Soft copy to : IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Point of Contact: IWPLProc_LSIC@dai.com
Anticipated Award Type: an Individual Fixed Price Purchase Order
Basis for Award: An award will be made based on the Trade Off Method.
The award will be issued to the responsible and reasonable offeror who provides the best value to DAI and its client using a combination of technical and cost/price factors.
A. Activity Summary and Justification
Forum Kommunikasi Air Limbah (FORKALIM) was setup in 2004 under PERPAMSI, the Indonesian association of water supply companies, as a communication forum for wastewater operators—mainly water utilities—to discuss urban sanitation issues. In 2015 the forum became legally independent from PERPAMSI and now, with support from IUWASH PLUS, FORKALIM is transforming into a professional association for Indonesia’s wastewater operators, which provides on-demand training and support services on a cost-recovery basis to both sewerage and fecal sludge management (FSM) operators.
With the focus of sanitation access switching to FSM promotion, the government anticipates at least 70 new FSM operators, which will relevant knowledge and skills through variety of technical support, managed professionally by a National waste water association (FORKALIM). Besides a National Twinning program (explained in separate SoW), a second large technical support program by FORKALIM is the development and management of a professional website, where members can find all information and examples they need to establish or improve themselves as Waste Water Operator. This activity will be linked directly with the National Twinning and present all materials, progress and results for the twinning participants and also presents a unique opportunity for FORKALIM to support Indonesia’s fecal sludge management (FSM) framework and, at the same time, add new members and grow its capabilities.
During a meeting in 2017, 11 current FSM operators expressed a strong need for a centralized place where they can obtain detailed Waste Water information, which will be partly accessible for general public (as general promotion of the sector) and partly only for members (to attract new memberships).
Under this scope of work a service provider will work with FORKALIM to develop, update, monitor and document FORKALIM website as part of the larger umbrella of technical support for FORKALIM.
Support FORKALIM to develop a waste water operator website designed to promote knowledge sharing and build the capacity of fecal sludge management (FSM) operators in Indonesia.
In close collaboration with the IUWASH PLUS sanitation team, FORKALIM management and the service providers working on the FORKALIM Business Plan and the National Twinning Program, the service provider will
Task 1: Collect materials for FORKALIM Website (months 1 – 3)
- Coordinate with FORKALIM and IUWASH-PLUS Sanitation to provide relevant materials for FORKALIM website (technical, institutional, regulation, operational, examples, templates, etc.)
- Identify and contact organizations (GoI, donors, operators, etc.) with materials to share on FORKALIM website.
- Collect and organize website content and materials
- Support FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS with preparation for short-term senior website developer
- Develop general structure (site map) of FORKALIM website in coordination with FORKALIM & IUWASH PLUS
- Submit action plan to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS for approval.
Task 2: Support website developer for professional FORKALIM website (months 4 – 6)
- Share all materials and main website structure with website developer
- Support website developer with development of professional website & communication
- Support sharing of draft website and materials in smaller and larger stakeholder events, including preparation of presentation materials and other promotion materials
- Join stakeholder and twinning events to share and promote FORKALIM website
- Learn all aspects of maintenance of FORKALIM website from website developer.
Task 3: Maintenance and updating of FORKALIM website
- Conduct regular (daily) maintenance of FORKALIM website, including respond to queries, update materials, maps, photo’s and articles of relevant events etc.
- Through regular (daily) contact with service provider on National Twinning Program, maintain and update section on National Twinning, so that it can be used to monitor progress and results of the different Twinning programs
- Manage the website sections for general public and members, including member database
- Join relevant events to explain and promote FORKALIM website, including preparation of presentations and promotion materials
- prepare monthly website & social media metrics to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS
D. Deliverables & Payment Schedule
The service provider will work closely with FORKALIM, and IUWASH PLUS team members on the following deliverables:
- Progress report 1 (end of month 1) with overview of proposed activities, schedule, critical issues, communication plans with members and national stakeholders
- Progress report 2 – 6 (at end of months 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10) with updates on all ongoing and planned activities related to the FORKALIM Website program, budgets allocated and spend, cost-sharing from other institutions/ donors, emerging issues, website meetings documentation, materials provided to FORKALIM website, progress on FORKALIM membership, etc.
- monthly website & social media metrics to FORKALIM and IUWASH PLUS (months 3, 5, 7, 9, 11) summarizing similar points as mentioned under the bi-monthly progress reports
- Final report including details and full documentation of the results of all website programs, all materials for FORKALIM website
E. Posting & Reporting Relationship
The service provider to support the FORKALIM Website will be based in the FORKALIM office in Jakarta (Setiabudi) and for daily tasks is supervised by FORKALIM management. He/she will also provide regular (at least monthly) updates (in writing and through meetings) to the IUWASH PLUS National Sanitation team, who will also provide technical and administrative support to the service provider regarding content of the website programs, budgets for implementation of website development programs, etc. Regular travel to field locations to support the website (materials collection, promotion, etc) will be part of this assignment and the cost for this will be covered by a different program under this LSIC budget.
F. Service Provider Requirements
The candidate should have at least
- Bachelor’s degree in communication/journalistic with familiar with website CMS (Content Management System) / Back Office System Management or computer science, information technology, (tele-) communication, web-developer or web-designer, or any other subject related to website development;
- Having experiences in writing and developing content for website
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in website development and maintenance
- Some familiarity with WASH issues;
- Excellent communication and writing skills (verbally, writing, presentations);
- Excellent in Indonesia Writing Skills, in English will be added value
- The service provider will be engaged for a period of 12 months on a full-time basis.
G. Cost Estimate
Budget for this activity will be provided by IUWASH PLUS from the LSIC fund.
- The budget ceiling for this activity is around IDR 170.000.000,- up to (max) IDR 180,000,000 (remuneration + travel/communication).
- Budget includes all labor associated with tasks 1, 2 & 3, and all required deliverables.
- Travel within Jakarta will be arranged and covered by the service provider.
- Travel outside Jakarta (if needed) will be paid by IUWASH PLUS and is not included in this budget.
- All direct cost for implementation of stakeholder meetings and the website program is not included in this SoW, but will be covered through separate SoWs.
- The assignment will be remunerated upon delivery and acceptance by the task manager of the agreed outputs (see table above), as per the normal procedures of IUWASH PLUS.
H. Proposal Evaluation
The service provider will be selected based on full and open competition. The potential service provider has to submit a proposal package, which consists of technical proposal (background of the program, task to be conducted, methodology, schedule), cost proposal (proposed monthly rate) and CV. The proposal will be evaluated based on:
- Qualification 40 %
- Experience 40 %
- Methodology 20 %
Available in Indonesia (Indonesian)